Safaris are offered subject to quota availability in the Kafue Flats for Kafue Lechwe, Bangweulu for Black Lechwe, Chifunda GMA, Tondwa GMA & private Game Ranches.
Traditionally renowned for consistent large maned lion, huge leopard, full-bossed buffalo and an abundance of plains game, Chifunda GMA in the Luangwa Valley is unsurpassed for its natural beauty, sweeping hills, mopani woodlands and beautifully distinct Luangwa River. The north Luangwa is the only place where cookson’s wildebeest can be hunted. Two camps (grass thatch or luxury tents) overlook the Luangwa River offering tranquility with understated luxury, privacy and first class meals.
Tondwa GMA is the premiere destination for Zambezi sitatunga. Roan, sable, eland, puku, bushpig, warthog, blue duiker and various plains game can be found in this diverse and richly populated concession.
Private game ranches:
Game ranch safaris are undertaken on a number of farms located around the country ranging in size from 1000 – 15000 hectares in size. Packages are tailored to suit individual requirements for a wide variety of plains game. These may be booked year round either in conjunction with another safari or on its own.
Taking your trophies home:
Please note that:
- Hippopotamus teeth are bone and therefore do crack.
- Shipping details and instructions must be provided to Muchinga Adventures Ltd in writing at the time of the hunt taking place. Should the client change their shipping destination all costs incurred to accommodate this are to the client’s account.
- Trophies will not be shipped unless the client’s account with Muchinga Adventures Ltd is paid in full with funds cleared into their bank account.
- Trophies are handed over to the taxidermist for export formalities. Muchinga Adventures Ltd will cease to have responsibility for the trophies upon handing over the trophies.
- During the export process the Government Veterinary Department seals the trophy crate in good working order and contents according to the export documents. At this stage the taxidermist exporting the trophies ceases to have any and all responsibility for the trophies, this includes but is not limited to the crate, contents, original documents and for loss, damage, theft, contamination, storage, care of trophies by tannery/taxidermist or if the trophies are destroyed for any reason what so ever.
- It is the responsibility of the client to obtain insurance to cover for all eventualities with the trophy consignment. Muchinga Adventures does not provide insurance.
- Muchinga Adventures will pass on relevant information to the hunter in regards to the shipment as handed to us by the taxidermist and/or Zambian shipping agent. It is the responsibility of the person receiving the trophies to ensure that the documents issued from Zambia comply and are correct for the trophy shipment to be imported into the country of destination.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that their trophies are collected at destination in a timely manner; Muchinga Adventures accepts no responsibility for the storage charges, other costs by the airlines or any fees at destination.
- Taxidermy work is to the client’s account. The company accepts no responsibility for the work or handling of the trophies by the taxidermist or any third party.
- All airline charges, agent fees and costs related therein are the responsibility of the client.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that their trophies are fully and correctly tagged with their names prior to their departure from Zambia. It is recommended that clients bring laminated trophy tags showing their name, address and shipping details to attach to the trophies.